Sunday, June 23, 2013

Trail Trekin...

Today was the 11th annual Trail Trek in good old Lincoln Nebraska. I really enjoy this ride its actually one of my favorites even though its just a ride on the same cement paths I ride all the time, I think I've made everyone except for one, I even have most of the t-shirts still to prove it... you know if anyone cares.

IMG_2696
Not too many people out and about this early on a Sunday, I'm guessing the few cars are probably just left over by those who partook too much Saturday night since nothing is really opened in the Haymarket this early.

IMG_2697
Had been raining earlier in the morning and looked like it still could but it held off thankfully, clouds kept the temps really mild for a change which was nice it's usually steamy for this ride. I was a bit surprised by turnout considering the potential for rain, shirts were a bit "Neebo green" this year not sure why that color has become so popular.

IMG_2699
Had to stop in and say hi to these two hard working, dedicated guys; great bike shop that's always giving back to the community. Always buy local!


IMG_2705

IMG_2713
Good times.

IMG_2709
See look at that smile! It is a smile right?!?

IMG_2711
Now this guy really seems to be having fun... or a bit touched in the head, either way its an ear to ear grin so he must be enjoying the ride.

IMG_2714
Coming back to Haymarket Park, could already smell the pulled pork sammiches.

IMG_2717
KFRX was in the house, not really a fan of the station or the music for the most part but Chi got some back.

IMG_2719
Hy-Vee catered the food again this year, they do a really good job of supplying tasty food... it's too bad that markers don't have spell check. I guess as long as the food is hot and delicious I can overlook a missing W here or there.

No comments:

Post a Comment