Tuesday, June 4, 2013

TNNDDR... the "casual" edition

It's been pretty wet around here the last week or so which has made most of the dirt unrideable, so when I saw that the Tuesday Night No Drop Dirt Ride was going to be a ride out to Eagle for the Nacho Ride I was all for it. Nice casual pace, get some beer and maybe some grub and then casually ride back... my definition of casual needs a little work. I was one of two singlespeed guys to show up to a geared cyclecross event apparently. Those dudes were trying to kill us I think, max speed on my Garmin was 22.7 mph which is faster than I thought my one gear could take me, average was 15.2 but as they say, that which doesn't kill you makes you stronger. 

IMG_2515
Geared dudes hanging back, plotting our demise I suspect. 

IMG_2519
Quite the turn out at the One Eyed Dog. 

IMG_2520
The beer was flowing, had a two beers I had never tried before from Cornstalker out of Kearney, might have to see if I can find them at the local liquor store. 

IMG_2522
Once properly refueled the ride back was just as blistering, great times though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment