Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Slowest fast dude...

Twas finally dry enough to get in a little dirt singletrack for this weeks installment of the TNNDDR (Tuesday Night No Drop Dirt Ride) hosted by Cycle Works. Seems like it's been over a month since we were last able to ride in Wilderness.

IMG_2641
First Fat Bike sighting on the TNNDR since MG rode his a couple of times last year, things look like a whole lotta fun but just haven't been able to justify the expense... yet.

IMG_2646
Three generations of Rasta, well one technically before it even was Rasta. That one goes way back, half the co-sponsors aren't even around any longer.

IMG_2647
In addition to the first fattie sighting of the year it was also the fist confirmed tick in at least three years, found this little blood sucker in the shower. Luckily he hadn't really gotten a chance to dig in yet and came right off. 

Started getting my shit together again this year and trying to eat a little better and exercise a bit more, haven't done any racing but I personally feel I'm riding better and stronger than I have in a few years. I've pretty much reserved myself to the role of the slowest fast dude in most cases but last year and the year before I couldn't even claim that with any confidence. I do feel I'm getting faster again this year, if I can hone my cornering skills a bit more I think that there is plenty of room for improvement, especially on a singlespeed all it takes is a few bad turns and you never really can catch back up to the geared guys. Being in the back does have it's advantages though, I'm almost positive I wouldn't push myself as hard as I do if there weren't faster dudes ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment