Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Things must be looking up...

IMG_2635
 
First time I have seen water in this fountain in a few years, been a rough couple of summers but with all the moisture we've had this year we must either be officially out of the drought or very close. 

IMG_2632
 
Another sign that times are getting better is all the new construction going on downtown, I know that the construction has been planned for years but if the economy were that horrible I still believe there would be a lot fewer structures popping up nothing stops progress faster than lack of money. I am glad to see the original canopy from the train station going back up, it's about the only recognizable feature in this part of the Haymarket. 

IMG_2634
And then there's this thing, lots of talk and anticipation about the opening and all the concerts coming into town... if you as me it sorta looks like a giant bedpan from the backside. I guess that's only fitting since we already have the "Penis of the Plains" we might as well have the "Bedpan of the Prairie" to go along with it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment