Wednesday, July 30, 2014

The Made Up Facts Of Life


You take the good, you take the bad, 
you take them both and there you have 
The facts of life, the facts of life. 

There's a time you got to go and show 
You're growin' now you know about 
The facts of life, the facts of life. 

When the world never seems 
to be livin up to your dreams 
And suddenly you're finding out 
the facts of life are all about you, you. 

It takes a lot to get 'em right 
When you're learning the facts of life. (learning the facts of life) 
Learning the facts of life (learning the facts of life) 
Learning the facts of life. 

If you don't know who Tootie Ramsey is/was and you have no clue what show the lyrics above came from this blog is clearly not for you, I'm not really sure who this blog is for but it's clearly not for people unfamiliar with 80's television so you can just move on to another blog now... no, seriously BEAT IT! 

IMG_5248_A
Growing up in the 80's the Facts of Life was one of the shows I watched religiously, kinda had me a crush on Jo to be honest, just something about a tom-boy I guess. I always worried about what happened to those girls after they left good ole Eastland Academy, especially Tootie being so innocent and gullible and wanting to be an actress, never a good combo for the scum in L.A. As it turns out though, she met what I can only assume is a nice man named Lawrence and they now have a farm not too far from Omaha! Out of respect for her privacy, even if she is a washed up has been celebrity, I decided not to knock on the door but rather just took this pic to remember the time I came within feet of meeting her. It's probably for the best, people are never how you remember them and it probably just would have tarnished my memories of her I had as a kid. 

IMG_5249_A

Other than the almost sighting of Tootie the rest of the ride was fairly uneventful, I haven't been doing as much riding as I should be since moving up to the big O. Some of it is the lack of good connector trails to get from A to B but most of it is just plain laziness, gotta fix that, lazy is as lazy doesn't. Clouds were pretty amazing again last night though.

IMG_5251_A

Big happenings out on 180th and Schram Rd(ish), looks like widening, maybe paving work, hopefully not the later; keep gravel, gravel. I guess only time will tell but lots of equipment out there and the roads closed. I did figure out a few things last night though, I either need to get stronger, change the gearing on the single speed or quit being a fat-ass and lose some weight. Pushing the monocog up and down gravel rollers wasn't exactly a piece of cake. Somehow managed to turn in a better average speed than I did on almost the same route on the geared cross bike though, must be due to the fact that I don't have gears to use as a crutch and just need to man up and pedal.

IMG_5254_A

Hard to believe it's already the end of July and the days are starting to get shorter, won't be long before after work rides will have to be much shorter in order to not get caught out after dark. Darkness isn't a cyclist friend especially out on these gravel roads. Guess I better get busy getting those miles in before the entire state turns into a frozen cornsicle.


No comments:

Post a Comment