Saturday, April 5, 2014

Gravel, Dirt And Some Old Stuff

Haven't been doing nearly enough riding lately, been making one excuse or another why I couldn't ride, definitely need to change that. On the upside I have been making more group rides, heck that's about all I've been making lately. Saturday was no different, a gravel ride was on the agenda.

IMG_4579

Three might not have been much of a group but what we lacked in numbers some of us made up for in technicolor.

IMG_4584

The gravel went on for miles, nothing but rollers everywhere. I'm not going to lie they kinda kicked my butt, cardio is not where it needs to be had I not managed to make it to the gym regularly the last few weeks it probably would have really sucked. Some how managed to get in a good solid 30 without dying and then had to boogie...

IMG_4593

IMG_4592

T.H.O.R. was having a trail day at Walnut Creek, breaking ground on a new trail.

IMG_4588

IMG_4589

I've never made it to any of the trail days before but it seemed like a pretty good turn out.

IMG_4591

IMG_4595

From a pile of leaves and sticks to the beginnings of something that will some day be a trail.

IMG_4599

If that wasn't enough for one day, I had plans to head out to the Durham Museum, always a cool place to go.

IMG_4604

They had a temporary exhibit "1968", it was actually pretty cool... I actually had a set of these guns as a kid, I remember my brothers and I shooting each other with those little discs, man they hurt. Where are the toys like this nowadays, what's a few more one eyed kids in world? Oh yeah, if anyone asks you never saw this picture, photography in this exhibit was strictly prohibited, if not strictly enforced.

IMG_4617

IMG_4618

Thought this old as truck was pretty cool with it's chain driven rear wheels, lubing that thing would be a bitch.

IMG_4620

Even managed to make a new friend today, she wasn't much of a conversationalist but man did she have a hard body... no really, I swear she felt like she was made out of wood. It's amazing the kind of people you can meet in an old train station turned museum.

No comments:

Post a Comment