Thursday, April 5, 2018

Wednesday Gravel

We moved to Omaha from Lincoln in February of 2014 and then to our current location on the north side in 2016, I rode the gravel and trails when we lived on the south side more than I've ridden the ones around here since moving to the north. I'm not entirely sure why that is other than pure laziness on my part since moving, that and extra chores now that we are in a house and not an apartment but it's something I need to change. The gravel out this way is really good and it's a shame to let it just go to waste. 
IMG_8671

The local bike shop, Bike Masters, started up a Wednesday night gravel ride, yesterday being the first of those rides for the season. Since it's literally right down the street from me and I have been doing the Monday night single track rides with them for a while now, I decide to tag a long.

IMG_8672

Temps weren't exactly ideal since Spring has decided to delay itself by a month or so, this caused us to truncate the posted route by about 4 miles. To be honest with the chill and the overcast skies making it darker than it should have been, I was okay with the shorter route. Made it out to Dutch Hall road as the halfway point, that road has some impressive rollers on it if you've got the hunkering for that sort of thing.

IMG_8675

IMG_8676

IMG_8680

Pretty good group of folks that came out despite the weather trying it's best to make it miserable, hopefully this cold snap is a short lived thing and we get back to normal temps soon. Going to try to make this a regular Wednesday thing but there are tons of rides on Wednesday and choices and options weighed but man is this one so close... only time will tell how the balancing act plays out. Bike bros on the other side of Omaha have a Wednesday ride and my bike brothers and sisters in Lincoln also have a Wednesday ride, maybe we just need three Wednesdays a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment