Thursday, April 12, 2018

Pass the Dutch

IMG_8838

IMG_8839

Hooked up with the crew from Bike Masters again this week for a little Wednesday gravel, yesterday's temps were much nicer at 70° than it was last week when it was in the low 40° range. Might be my first ride this year in shorts and a T-shirt.

Photo Apr 11, 5 40 12 PM

IMG_8840

In a weird twist of fate, I even ran into Ed's old Warbird that he sold to Nick a while back. Had to make sure it was the right bike but it still had the #SOVAG sticker on it and all, how weird is that.

IMG_8843

IMG_8844

IMG_8845

Last week it was miserable enough that most of the group turned around at Dutch Hall road but with the temps being ideal last night it was merely a regroup spot. Mike, being a SMNDFBR veteran, brought a ditch beer and who was I to refuse such a libation.

IMG_8841

The rest of the gang wasn't indoctrinated into the world of ditch beers and rode on into the sunset without so much as a sip. That was okay though, I'm no mathematician but 1 divided by 2 is more than 1 divided by 6.

IMG_8847

IMG_8849_A

IMG_8850

After a tasty beverage it was time to kick it into gear and find the rest of the folks, beer and high speed don't necessarily go together all that well but we managed to catch back on to the back by the time we turned west on county road 40.

IMG_8853

IMG_8852

We hooked back on with the little end of the group at the corner of county roads 40 and 35 before the push home into the wind.

IMG_8855

IMG_8858

IMG_8857

Back at the shop there were hot dogs, beverages and conversation; I had to cut it a bit short though because the other half texted me to let me know I was not to come home without picking up greasy mexican food on the way. As someone who actually has a pretty understanding other half I high tailed it out of there and picked up food as requested like a good errand boy does.

IMG_8856

Still waiting to get the Fargo out in race conditions but I gotta tell you, so far I'm in love and I'm not alone on that thinking. We (Cycle Works) hadn't sold a single Fargo at retail ever and this year alone I think there are 5 purple Fargos and one cream that have left the shop. It's a great bike for midwest gravel and I think people around here are starting to come around to that fact.

No comments:

Post a Comment