Sunday, September 29, 2019

Pronounced with an Umpty

IMG_7679

IMG_7681

IMG_7682

Saturday I was supposed to be out of town and in Missouri for the annual Biketobierfest but the weather just did not cooperate for such festivities. During the time I thought I was going to be away however, Carolyn offered to lead the usual Saturday morning ride. Seeing no reason to change things just because I wasn't going out of town, I became a mere participant in the ride.

IMG_7685

IMG_7687

IMG_7691

Carolyn had a route heading out to the always popular Quonset in Elmwood Nebraska, although she opted to take a northern route out rather than the normal southern route. The northern route had all the hills, which might be why we normally don't go that way but change is always good, even if it makes you wanna cry.

IMG_7693

Ditch beer came early on Saturday, at about mile 10 or 12 of a 46 mile route, but after the initial hills it was a welcomed break. It was also a blast from the past, Matt had sent me some Zombie Monkie from Tallgrass taproom. Yep, that Tallgrass and ZM was always my favorite of their offerings, while the cannery is still closed they have reopened the taproom so if you're in Manhattan and love their beer, it might be worth a stop.

IMG_7696

IMG_7697

IMG_7701

In addition to the hills, there was an awesome little MMR on route that thankfully was dry if not smooth. I was actually pleasantly surprised that it was dry as much as it has rained on us lately.

IMG_7702

IMG_7711

IMG_7706_A

Since we rode into Elmwood from the north we also didn't have to climb that hill to the Quonset and that did not make me mad at all. I still say that if you've never been out to the Quonset, you should go; great food and they've always been super friendly to smelly cyclists.

IMG_7712_A

IMG_7707

IMG_7710

IMG_7714_A

Plus they really get into Halloween, which happens to be my favorite fall "holiday"... and that creepy ass blue baby was enough to give you nightmares. I must find one!

IMG_7717

The ride out was pretty quick paced and the ride back was no less so, legs were feeling it so there weren't too many pics on the way back since some of us took the MoPac and some took A street. It was a great ride with some fantastic folks though and we just beat the rain back to the shop, nothing better than not getting caught in the rain. It was actually a really nice day to be out on two wheels, looking forward to more fall days with cooler temps. Thanks for the great ride and route Carolyn!

IMG_7718

I was also gifted this Coleman cooler sleeve, it should help up the ditch beer game for sure. Thanks to all involved in that, I'm sure it'll be put to good use.

David was also giving dance lessons out in Elmwood, also stuff of nightmares.

No comments:

Post a Comment