Sunday, March 16, 2014

Splorin

Haven't been out on the bike much since moving to Omaha, partly because the weather has been crappy, partly because I'm still trying to figure out where the trails are and partly because I'm not used to needing to drive to ride. Got a little spoiled living in Lincoln where there was either a trail near you or plenty of low traffic residential streets around to get you where you need to go. I suppose once I get more familiar with the Big O it is possible that I might be able to link enough neighborhoods or less busy roads together that I can get to the trails but right now it seems that every neighborhood is enclosed inside busy streets on all sides.

IMG_4503_A

Made it out late for a little ride around Zorinsky Lake, not a bad place to ride but I bet when the weather is warmer it is just swarming with people which might make for a very slow ride.

IMG_4504_A

Waiting for the dirt to dry, hoping it's soon but in the mean time been spending more time on the Conquest.

IMG_4500

Since I was all by myself I had the single file thing down pat but I have always chuckled at these signs, slow is a pretty relative term and doesn't really indicate any sort of desired speed. A bike is faster than a runner who is in turn faster than someone walking... which speed is correct or are they all OK?

IMG_4505

It's so disheartening to see people living in these little shanties, barely keeping their heads above bankruptcy... life on the lake doesn't seem all that bad.

IMG_4507_B

Saw a couple of deer and this turkey just strutting across the road like he owned the place.

IMG_4508

Happened to be in Lincoln this afternoon so stopped by Moran's and picked this up for after the ride, if you like dark, thick stouts this bad boy is for you. One of the best stouts I've had in a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment