Saturday, October 5, 2013

Cold, windy and miserable.

Last night I was motivated for a ride this morning, I knew it was going to be cold and windy but decided to get up and go anyway. Unfortunately when the alarm went off and I got up I just seemed to putz around the house and couldn't get going and ended up skipping the morning ride. Luckily for me I found my motivation later in the afternoon and I was able to get out mid-afternoon.

IMG_3972_A

Whoever said a little wind never hurt anyone obviously has never ridden a bicycle into a 25 mph head wind up hills. This one sucked, once I got into the groove there was nothing left to do but put my head down and just keep pedaling and try to ignore the complaints coming from my legs.

IMG_3975_A

Stopped at the Sac-O-Suds in Malcolm to warm up a little bit and to get something to drink before the return trip. It's always funny how a tailwind never seems to help as much as a headwind sucks but it was nice having the wind mostly at my back on the way back. Luckily this cold snap only seems to be hanging around through tomorrow and then Monday is back into the 70s.

No comments:

Post a Comment