Sunday, September 29, 2013

Twice as nice

Woke up before the sun this morning so that I could get in a few miles, it's been a while since I've had a single ride over about 20 miles so figured it was time. By the time I hit the road the sun was up just enough to not need lights and it was chilly, 50 degrees with a decent breeze. The shadows were down right cold, signs that the seasons are changing are in full effect. 

 
IMG_3539
Been seeing more Blue Herring around here lately, beautiful birds. 

IMG_3541
Fields of green have turned to fields of brown, only a matter of time before the leaves start falling and all the color fades for another year. 

IMG_3543
Decided to head out to Cortland riding into the wind on the way out, with the wind at my back on the way back. Yo-yo'd back and forth with these guys on the way out, actually they would pass me and then stop at which time I would pass them. They seemed much more serious about the ride than I felt however, I wasn't really in the mood or shape to burn it out and back. 

IMG_3545
Should have gotten out sooner for the second ride of the day definitely wanted to check out Streets Alive but by the time I made it out most of the booths were cleaning up and getting ready to call it a day. It was still nice to see all the people out wandering on the closed roads and there were still plenty of interesting booths open. 

IMG_3547
Love the work these guys do, Lincoln has an awesome network of trails. 

IMG_3546
Not sure who this band was but it looks like Abe approves and that's good enough for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment