Wednesday, October 18, 2017

It was a Schmidty Ride

I’ve cussed on a Sunday, I’ve cheated and I’ve lied. I’ve fallen down from grace a few too many times but I find holy redemption when I point this bike out of town. Roll the gravel roads and turn up the smile... can I get a hallelujah, can I get an amen... 

IMG_6129
For one reason or another I don't usually ride on Sunday and I wasn't really planning on riding last Sunday either. I was supposed to be riding in my third Omaha Jackrabbit on Saturday which would mean Sunday would most definitely be a day of rest. Mother Nature had other plans however, not that they didn't have the race but I'm not a mudder, never have been and probably never will be. Rain overnight and into Sunday made me decide not to partake this year and with the numbers that came back I'd say that it was  a good choice. (11 started but only 3 finished) 

IMG_6130
So, not riding anywhere on Saturday left Sunday wide open for a ride since the weather was forecast to be much better. As if he were spying on my from my bushes, Schmidty popped up an open invite for a ride leaving Sunday morning at 11 am, so the ride was found. 

IMG_6131

IMG_6132
'Twas a great group and a fairly decent sized group that showed up, some of them the usual Saturday group but some of them I'd never ridden with before. 

IMG_6139

IMG_6138
Gravel was in pretty good shape, a little moist in spots but where it was dry it was super fast and smooth. We even managed to get in a solid ditch beer stop or two along the way. 

IMG_6142

IMG_6143
The route was sort of a familiar one, out to Malcolm and back, but with a few twists and different roads that I kind of liked more than the ones I usually take, might have to switch things up on that note. Also never noticed Malcolm had a Village Hall in all my journeys through there. 

IMG_6144

IMG_6147

IMG_6148

IMG_6150

IMG_6149
The bridge is always a good spot for a regroup and a beverage, I promise we weren't as cliquey as the pictures look... one big happy group. 

IMG_6146
Well except maybe for this beauty, she sort of stands out in a crowd. Such a rad bike and just eats up the gravel and single track so far, one might call it the beginning of a beautiful friendship. 

IMG_6152

IMG_6153
Back in Lincoln, Todd, Karla and I headed to Yia Yia's for some pie and a pint and had the entire place almost all to ourselves. A person could get used to these Sunday crowds or lack of them as the case may be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment