Saturday, October 25, 2014

Busy Saturday

IMG_6173

Saturday started out at the butt crack of dawn, actually it started out before the butt crack of dawn as the sun wasn't even up at 6:40 a.m. when I rolled out of bed to get the bike and gear in/on the car to head to Gretna for a little gravel.

IMG_6175

Flat tires and Farm equipment seemed to be the themes for the ride today, technically not flats per se but Brent's front tire had a slow leak which is sometimes worse than an actual flat.

IMG_6184

With the hills and my seeming lack of ability to catch my breath this morning the stops to fill the tire were more than welcome.

IMG_6182_A

IMG_6185_A

Harvest time is one of my favorite times of the year, not sure why but I just love all the big farming equipment. It's a good thing that these huge things don't move very fast and don't often travel down the gravel roads, sure would hate to come over a hill and see one of these charging at me.

IMG_6181

Refuel in Springfield on the way back to Gretna.

IMG_6180

Pretty good ride, almost 30 miles and a little over 2 hours of ride time, not a bad way to spend a Saturday morning.

IMG_61851_A

IMG_61951_A

IMG_6213_A

Spent the afternoon hiking around Schramm Park, 2nd time I've ever been there and first time I've actually walked around inside the Park, the first time consisted of a tour of the restrooms while I was on a previous ride.

IMG_6200

I love nature, some of it can be so beautiful and inviting.

IMG_6199

Other times it's not so inviting, oddly enough I couldn't convince anyone to give this poor misunderstood tree a hug, sometimes all we need is for someone to love us.

IMG_6197

Not sure if I found a Spidey hat or lost a kid but either way if anyone wants it you can find it on the steps leading to the picnic area at Schramm Park. Not sure how far I hiked today but I can tell you that however far it was, that distance combined with the ride this morning was more than enough to kick my butt, but with weather this nice at the end of October who could blame me? I think I'll do myself a favor and sleep in a bit tomorrow morning, Sunday is a day or rest after all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment