Saturday, April 26, 2014

Like Riding Into A Blow Dryer

Looked at the forecast last night and one thing was clear, the later in the day the stronger the wind was going to be. With that in mind I decided to try to get out early before the winds went from sucky to horrible, decided to just hop on the Big Papio Trail and ride it for a bit and then turn around and head home with a tail wind.

IMG_4780

Been riding a bike for quite a while now and in several different states on all kinds of trails and I gotta say this is the first time I have ever been warned about dangerous canoes! I'd like to meet the canoeist that can paddle on cement, probably don't want to shake his/her had but I'd like to meet them.

IMG_4759

This was a pretty fun downhill, rode by it a few times but never wanted to expend the energy to ride up it until today.

IMG_4763

Made some new friends along the way as well, the city cows aren't as friendly as the country cows but they come around just fine after a bit.

IMG_4766_A

I've always thought this was a pretty cool looking railroad bridge, first time I've ever seen it from this side usually I drive by on the Interstate.

IMG_4767

Train decided to show up after I took the previous picture but you know, those trains, who can trust them, always running behind.

IMG_4769

Happened upon this place, didn't realize the trail went by here but the GF works here, told her she could ride bike paths all the way to work... I was a lot more stoked about that little fact than she was. Figured this was as good a place as any to turn around so that's what I did.

IMG_4471_A

Thought this mural was pretty cool, it's on the underpass wall of the road leading to Stinson Park and BCBS. This particular picture is actually two pictures I stitched together, you would not believe how long I stood on the side of the trail trying to figure out how to get a good picture using the auto panoramic feature on the iPhone 5S... forget that it's much quicker/easier to just take multiple pictures and manipulate them later, apparently I need to start taking a 5 year old along with me on my rides from now one. Damn whipper snappers and their technology wizardry.

IMG_4775A

Same railroad bridge from before but the other side, seems the dating scene in Omaha is a lot different than what I'm used to as I can only assume D2F is just a spin off of DTF. Problem I see with this type of advertisement is that while it might get a large amount of traffic, it's lacking any details... male/female, how to contact them, etc. Are you just supposed to spray paint your interest or questions on the cement next to it?

IMG_4779_A

After battling the wind for almost two hours I decided to stop here and sit on the park bench for a bit and channel my inner Forrest Gump, those look like comfortable shoes... other than the wind you couldn't have asked for a nicer day nor could you have asked for a nicer place to sit and take in the gorgeous day.

No comments:

Post a Comment