Thursday, December 22, 2011

Freezing warm

Bank clock said it was 21, weather man said 20 but that it felt like it was 13 with the wind chill... I am guessing since I made my own wind I might have lost a few more degrees. It amazes me sometimes how cold it can be anymore and I still consider it a good night for a ride as long as it's dry. The weird thing is once I am layered up and on the bike it doesn't seem that cold at all anymore, there used to be a time when I'd hang the bike up once it got below 40. Having warm gear and a light has really helped me to extend the riding season to where I can pretty much ride year round, that's not to say I don't miss the year round warmth of California but I'm adjusting. Now if I could just convince the water in my bottle it wasn't cold out maybe it would stay more liquid and less ice.





IMG_2849_HDR


Saw this billboard tonight while out riding, not sure Santa would trade in reindeer power for a gas powered sleigh; even with food and boarding reindeer are probably cheaper than gas.





Photo Dec 22, 6 28 07 PM


I know she's a sweet ride boys but no need to fight over her, she's all mine so you'll have to get your own.

Temps are looking up for the next four days, two of them potentially as high as 50. I'm definitely getting out on the bike this holiday weekend, I might even be able to forego the layers.

No comments:

Post a Comment